There’s a large stack of books next to my favorite chair, waiting to be read. Most are for upcoming book groups, but I’m also starting to accumulate some “fun reading” books in anticipation of the June break from book groups (and then the August and September break from book groups, which allows me a lot of time to read other things!).
Here are the books that are piled next to me:
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud (5th grade book group)
- Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell (6th grade book group)
- The Storm in the Barn by Matt Phelan (Teen book group)
- The Great American Dust Bowl by Don Brown (Teen book group)
- Years of Dust by Albert Marrin (Teen book group)
- The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
- The Outcasts by John Flanagan
- Marmee & Louisa by Eve LaPlante
- My Heart is Boundless edited by Eve LaPlante
- The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie
- Curtain by Agatha Christie
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- And assorted magazines, long neglected by me: The Atlantic, many New Yorkers, and Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country.
Any other must-read suggestions for me for my upcoming season of fun reading?