When we switched my blog over to this new format in July, strange nonsensical characters appeared in the text of all archived entries. (And yes, I know, there will be certain siblings who will feel compelled to make a joke here about strange characters…go ahead, get it out of your system…) I had forgotten totally about the need to fix all of those old entries – all four years plus of old entries -until a week or so ago when I asked that my blog be listed on my alma mater’s alumni blogroll. Ooops, I said to myself – guess I’d better go through and get rid of those capital letter A’s with the pointy hats on them that appear at the end of every sentence, and sometimes in other places, too. So I have been chipping away at the project, going in reverse chronological order, and as of this writing I have fixed all entries back through June of 2009. My goal is to finish this project by the end of this calendar year; until then, please have patience with me if you try to read any un-corrected archived entries.